David is a registered clinical psychologist who offers individual, couples and family therapy. His main goal as a therapist is to help people process and make sense of their challenges, develop new insights and to make practical behavioural changes so they can reconnect to the important things in their life. He works to facilitate a therapeutic process which is guided by their hopes for change in partnership with his knowledge and experience of mental health. David adopts therapy practice from a number of different modes, including: Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Family Systems Therapy and information gleaned from human physiology and neuro-psychology.
David has been a registered clinical psychologist for over 10 years and has worked across a number of different public health and private settings. He has extensive experience conducting mental health assessments and working with people dealing with a wide range of life problems. Some of the common presentations include:
- Anxiety and stress related problems.
- Depression and mood related problems (including anger/aggression)
- Addictions – alcohol, drug, pornography
- Relationship challenges (works with singles, couples and families)
- Teenage mental health and development (12years +)
- Parenting challenges
- Grief and Loss
David is also currently available to provide clinical supervision to other mental health practitioners.
(Please Note: David does not currently provide specialty treatment for eating disorders or past sexual abuse and trauma related issues. If you need assistance with these problems, he can recommend other colleagues who do work in these areas.)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Psychology (2008)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Family and Systems Therapy (2016)
- Registered with New Zealand Psychologists Registration Board (Clinical Scope)
- New Zealand College of Clinical Psychologists (NZCCP) Member
Appointments with David will be available at St Marys from February 2019. Days and times are:
Mondays: 8:00am – 6:00pm
Tuesdays: 9:00am – 7:00pm
Please note parking is only available on the road (2 hours free).
Each session is booked for 50 minutes and cost $175 (incl. GST). Payments can be made by cash or direct debit/internet banking (details provided at appointment)*
*Cancellations: Please note a 50% cancellation fee will apply if an appointment is cancelled within 24hrs –excludes emergencies.
Please contact David if you would like to make an enquiry or to book an appointment.