Dean is a registered Clinical Psychologist who has worked solely in private practice since 2009. She offers psychological assessment and therapy to adults, adolescents (15 +) couples and groups. Her main therapeutic approaches are Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT) with a special interest in mindfulness based approaches. Dean also offers Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Groups (MBSR) and an Anxiety and Stress Skills group regularly. Dean is trained in Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprogramming (EMDR), which is used for trauma processing. Dean works collaboratively with clients and is committed to providing a safe, ethical and evidenced-based practice to help people improve their psychological wellbeing. Dean also provides supervision to health care practitioners.
Dean has experience helping people with a wide range of issues including:
- Depression with a particular interest in postnatal distress
- Anxiety (panic, generalised anxiety, social anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder)
- Suicidal ideation and deliberate self harm
- Stress and adjustment difficulties
- Sleep difficulties
- Relationship difficulties
For further information about Dean, please visit www.westpsychology.co.nz
- BA, MA (First Class Honors), Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Psychology
- Registered with New Zealand Psychologists Board (Clinical Scope)
- Association of Contextual Behavioural Science (ACBS)
- New Zealand College of Clinical Psychologists NZCCP
- EMDRAA (EMDR Institute, Australia)
- Aotearoa New Zealand Association for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (ANZACBT)
Availability: Mondays and Tuesdays
Fees: Please contact Dean directly.
Contact: For further information or to make an appointment, please phone or email.
- Phone: 021 754 360
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org