Julia Kostiuk Warren
Julia is a registered Senior Clinical Psychologist with 15 years’ experience in child, adolescent, and adult mental health. She is trained and experienced in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), trauma-focused therapies, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR), family systems theory, mindfulness-based therapies, and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT). She has worked in both the private and public health sectors and sees adults, adolescents, and children (with parents) for a wide range of difficulties including, but not limited to:
- Depression, low mood, ‘the blues’
- Anxiety difficulties – chronic, general, or specific worries
- Effects of past trauma
- Stress and adjustment issues
- Relationship difficulties
- Life transitions
Julia’s approach is to focus on the person, rather than the problem, and she uses a validating and friendly approach and evidence-based practice to support people to find their strengths and resilience in order to cope more effectively with life stressors. Therapy is targeted and focused, with the aim of helping people live rich, full and rewarding lives.
Julia also provides professional clinical supervision to psychologists and other mental health professionals.
Julia is married with three grown sons and a dog. She enjoys being active and spending time outdoors, and tries to see beauty and humour in the ‘ordinary’ things in life.
- ACC Sensitive Claims
- Victim Support
- National Hauora Coalition
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, The University of Auckland
- Registered with New Zealand Psychologists Registration Board (Clinical Scope)
- New Zealand College of Clinical Psychologists (NZCCP)
- Association for Contextual Behavioural Science (ACBS)
- EMDR Association of Australia (EMDRAA)
Thursdays (including evenings), Fridays (including evenings) and Saturdays
$175 (GST inclusive) for 50 minute session. Payment by cheque, cash or internet banking.
24 hours notice of cancellation is requested to avoid a cancellation fee.
For further information or to make an appointment please phone or email.
Phone: 021 037 0065