Rodger is a registered counselling psychologist who works with couples facing relationship difficulties, and individuals with a wide range of personal challenges, including anxiety and depression.
He is passionate about helping couples nurture deeper, more fulfilling and lasting connections. With couples he works with Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), an empirically validated approach that works through a roadmap of steps and stages to nurture feelings of safety and trust between partners.
With individual clients (adults and teenagers), Rodger uses a range of different therapies to best meet client needs, including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and Compassion Focused Therapy. He works with you to connect you with your inner strengths and resources, within the context of your values and the realities of your situation.
As a psychologist, he has previously worked within a multi-disciplinary public health team and a university counselling service.
Qualifications and Professional Membership
- PG Dip (Counselling Psychology), MHSc (First Class Hons), BHSc (First Class Hons); LLB (Hons), BA, Dip Bus.
- Registered with the NZ Psychologists Board (Counselling Scope)
- Member of the NZ Psychological Society
- Member of the International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Member of the NZ Community for Emotionally Focused Therapy
Rodger is available by appointment from 8.00am to 8.00pm Monday to Friday and on Saturdays from 9.00am to 1.00pm.
He’s happy to talk with you by phone or in person for a free, no obligation fifteen-minute chat, to discuss how he might be able to help you.
For further information on Rodger and how he works with clients, please visit www.counsellingpsychologist.co.nz